231 Parade Street | Erie, PA 16507 | 814.636.5286 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community through acts of service.
ServErie is a community renewal program spearheaded by churches across the Erie area. Our desire is to connect willing volunteers with specific neighborhoods and organizations who are poised to serve those in need in our city. Our dream is to see the statistics associated with poverty, homelessness, teen pregnancy, high school dropout rates, etc. begin to go down instead of up. We believe that as hundreds of individuals, families, groups, and churches come together and adopt neighborhoods and agencies that eventually we can blanket the whole city with the love and hope of the gospel.
- ServErie Saturday – Quarterly Saturday morning serving days – usually from 8:30AM-12:30PM. Sign up for our next ServErie Saturday here.
- Neighborhood Renewal –churches serving the families of a specific neighborhood with the help of a change-agent who already lives in that neighborhood. Provides a more ongoing relationship with a specific neighborhood beyond the quarterly events. If your group would like to adopt a neighborhood contact us.
- Getting Ahead –training and mentoring program for individuals and families who are motivated to get out of poverty. Find out more about Getting Ahead.
- Get Outside the Walls – The church was never meant to hide inside its four walls. God has called Christians to serve the poor and to be a beacon of light and hope in the community wherever a local church is located.
- Don’t Re-invent the Wheel – There are people in neighborhoods and organizations who are already serving the poor and needy in our community. Our desire is to find them and partner with them by sending them volunteers on a regular basis.
- Solve the Proximity Problem. Churches are filled with kind-hearted, generous people, who desire to serve others – but many don’t know where to begin. We will do our best to put those who have much in proximity with those who have little.
- It’s All about Relationships. Ultimately poverty won’t be solved through projects, but through relationships. The projects are just an excuse to build friendships. Our desire is for volunteers to forge longer-term relationships with those they are serving.
- Work Together – Churches have been competing with each other for too long. We’re all on the same team! ServErie is a collaboration of many churches around one goal – to see the Christ lifted up in our community through practical acts of service.