231 Parade Street | Erie, PA 16507 | 814.636.5286 | email@example.com
Restoring communities by connecting people in need to resources.
An identified resource for every need.
1) Be the hands and feet of Jesus in the community
2) Champion diverse thoughts, people, influence
3) Personify Christ-like character throughout all interactions
4) Treat all people fairly and equitably with love, care, respect and dignity
5) Prioritize Relationships over projects
- ServErie Saturday – Quarterly Saturday morning serving days – usually from 8:00AM-12:30PM. Sign up for our next ServErie Saturday here.
- Summer School Initiative – We adopt a school and renovate over a period of four days. So far, we have taken on Lincoln School and Erie High School and saw over 3000+ volunteers.
- Neighborhood Renewal – We have a team that addresses the needs in our adopted neighborhood. The location is from 6th to 12th street and from Holland to Wayne. We work with organizations and volunteers in the community to provide an ongoing relationship with a specific neighborhood beyond the quarterly events. If your group would like to adopt a neighborhood contact us.
- Get Outside the Walls – The church was never meant to hide inside its four walls. God has called Christians to serve the poor and to be a beacon of light and hope in the community wherever a local church is located.
- Don’t Re-invent the Wheel – There are people in neighborhoods and organizations who are already serving the poor and needy in our community. Our desire is to find them and partner with them by sending them volunteers on a regular basis.
- Solve the Proximity Problem. Churches are filled with kind-hearted, generous people, who desire to serve others – but many don’t know where to begin. We will do our best to put those who have much in proximity with those who have little.
- It’s All about Relationships. Ultimately poverty won’t be solved through projects, but through relationships. The projects are just an excuse to build friendships. Our desire is for volunteers to forge longer-term relationships with those they are serving.
- Work Together – Churches have been competing with each other for too long. We’re all on the same team! ServErie is a collaboration of many churches around one goal – to see the Christ lifted up in our community through practical acts of service.